Learn how to make a dreamy, super thick and cozy knit blanket out of wool roving, plus tips and techniques for caring for these blankets. No knitting experience required!
Cost: $180 for undyed wool or $195 for color
Registration: Must register in advane online at https://www.allhandsworkshops.com/events/2019/1/17/giant-knit-blanket
What you will learn in this workshop:
- a “table knitting” technique, where you will form the stitches with your hands rather than using knitting needles
- how to source additional wool roving
- how to graft ends together by needle felting
- how to care for the wool, and use felting to prevent it from fuzzing too much
- where to buy giant knitting needles (if you decide you want them) and how to make your own giant needles out of PVC pipe
The following supplies are included:
- approximately 4 pounds of merino wool roving
- felting needle
You will go home with:
- one giant knit blanket, sized approximately 30x50 inches
Nota bene: Students can choose from 8 colors. Cara must have everyone's color choices 10 days before the workshop so she can order the wool. If there are still open spots after that deadline, she can order some extra undyed wool and students will have to take that color.
About Cara Corey
Cara Corey is a knit and crochet pattern designer and owner of Cara Corey Designs. She specializes in simple, modern designs using oversized yarns and unorthodox materials. You can find her handmade home goods and cool-weather accessories at stores in San Francisco and Sausalito.
Thursday, January 17 at 6:30pm to 8:30pm
All Hands Workshops 514a Front Street